Sunday, March 21, 2010

Maredsous * * * *

This was very good beer both Amie and I enjoyed before dinner. Not
the best but it gets 4 stars out of 5. One reason I bought this beer
is it is from Belguim, which I will be visiting in May. I paid
$9.49 for the bottle at Dierbergs. The bottle had 1pt/9.4 oz. or
25.4oz. in a bottle. You might think that is alot for a beer but keep
in mind this is a high alcohol content beer 10% alc that has a strong
flavor. So comparitvtely you might spend that much on a bottle of
wine that has a similar alcohol content. Per the bottle: "Maredsous
Triple is a golden-bodied Belgian Triple with festive sparkle, creamy
body, and luscious head. Brewed following Benedictine tradition under
the supervision of Abbaye de Maredsous, this fine ale has been bottle-
refermented and aged for two months."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a bottle last night at my GF's birthday dinner. So Tasty! Beermanjay