Monday, February 23, 2009

Anheusuer/Inbev Bud Light * *


Yes I drink Bud Light.  It is like a dirty sin for true craft and micro brewery drinkers.  I feel bad giving it press.  I have heard some nasty things said about the AB products recently.  With all the negativety put aside.  I guess you could say I grew up on Bud Light meaning my first legal drink was a Bud Light.  I was a Bud Light drinker till I learned about the wonders of microbrews.  This bud light was free thanks to some friends that came over this weekend, but I would buy a bud light if I had to if a local brew was not available.  Some bars all they have on draft is bud light.  So it really makes it 3 stars but I didn't feel right doing that so i gave it a 2 stars.  Bud is easy to drink and tasty, however after drinking this beer and then going to drink Schafly or Boulevard you see how void of taste and body it is.  I have drank it many many times, for example at the many Cardinal games I have gone to where that is the most prominant beer on tap.  It is really a shame what happened to AB with the
Inbev purchase.  I really try to support local brewries which sadly AB is not truly any longer.  They are a giant brewry owned by foreign company Inbev.  Yes there are St. Louis employees.  Yes the beer was brewed and bottled in St. Louis.   I am torn about this being from St. Louis and I am not trying to sound like a beer snob.  I think as you can see from some of the beers I have tried and will continue to try I will try anything.    However I believe in supporting good local companies like Schlafly and Boulevard.  More thoughts to come on this topic.  I am sure you all have some opinions so feel free to share them.  Thanks

No comments: