Monday, March 23, 2009

Boulevard Brewing Co. Bully Poter * * * *

This is good beer 4 out of 5 stars. Check out my new Boulevard hat and Bully Porter T-shirt. I am not big on Porters but this was good. Pours very dark Amie didn't get a chance to try it I think she would of really enjoyed it. Best By Date 08/13/09. I purchased this and a few other Boulevard beers by doing the Mix a Six Pack at Friar Tucks on St Patrick's day. Big foamy head which you can see in one of my pics. Extremely dark brown looks black in color. It is always deceiving to me I see beers like Guinness and this Porter that are so dark and think it is going to be this thick soupy beer and it is quite the opposite. I liked the hoppiness (which Amie might not like that aspect) and reminded me of coffee too (I think Joe should try this beer). It is always interesting to drink a beer then look at some of the reviews and be like oh I didn't even pick up on that. I am a novice so it is still something new for me to articulate into words what I am tasting.

Beer Advocate gives it an A- with 319 reviews. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/1262

Rate Beer gives it a 92 http://ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-bully-porter/115/88493/

Per the bottle: "In the tradition of great ales we've added a small
amount of yeast to the beer just before packaging to produce a
secondary fermentation in the bottle. The yeast, which settles
naturally to the bottom of the bottle, encourages further maturation
and contributes to the beer's complex flavor.

See more info at http://blvdbeer.com/bullyporter.htm

No comments: